This trip is ideal to enter in the universe of the brilliant Catalan artist Salvador Dalí. This visit has currently a special significance, since the first centenary of his birth has just been celebrated. The excursion includes visits to two key locations in the artist's life: The Dalí Theatre - Museum and the Gala - Dalí Castle in Púbol.
The Dalí Theatre - Museum was inaugurated in 1974, designed by the artist himself, constitutes a great surrealist work. Constructed upon the remains of the former theatre in Figueres, the museum contains the most extensive range of works that describe the artistic career of Salvador Dalí (1904-1989), from his first experimental artworks and his creations within the surrealist movement through to the works from the final years of his life.
On the other hand, the medieval Púbol Castle was the residence of the painter's wife during the 70's. Inside the castle, it is possible to view the paintings and drawings that Dali gave Gala to be displayed in the castle, as well as numerous objects that decorated the castle. The excursion concludes with this visit and guests will be taken back to the point of departure, which will be reached at 6 pm.
- Location Country: Spain Region: Catalunya City: Figueres and Púbol
- Address or meeting point:Departures from: Tossa de Mar, Lloret de Mar, Blanes, Malgrat de Mar, Santa Susana, Pineda and Calella.
- Duration Hours & minutes:8 / 9 hours. kilometers:250 Km.
- Start or opening time:Lloret de Mar 09:15h, Blanes 08:45h, Malgrat/ Santa Susana 08:30h, Pineda 08:20h and Calella 08:15h.
- End or closing time:Return around 18:00h.
- Is there any parking? Is it on the street, private or public?:Yes, there is parking on the street (private and public).
Guides & companions
- Is it done with a guide, a driver and/or an instructor?:With guide.
- Which languages do guide/instructors speak?:English, Spanish, French, Italian and Russian.
- Which is the guide/guest ratio?:1 guide per bus.
- Is there a shop? How much time is spent on shopping?:Yes, in the museums and in the town.
- Are credit/debit cards accepted? Which ones?:Yes, most major credit cards are accepted.
- Are any commercial stops made during the tour?:No
Content & Specialized items
- Are additional items needed? Which ones are included?:The excursion includes the entries to the Dalí Theatre-Museum and the Pubol Castle.
- Meals: Is lunch/dinner included on this tour?:No, there are no meals included (clients will have spare time to eat).
- Is there a restaurant at the venue?:Yes
- What is the category and speciality of the restaurant?:There are various restaurants.
- May the client bring his/her own food? Is there a picnic area?:Yes
- Is there a snack included?:No Drinks Are drinks included?:No
- List all venues where restrooms are available:The Dalí Museum and the Pubol Castle.
- Which of them are accessible by wheelchair?:Both are accessible.
- Is there a charge to use any of them?:No Are there any restroom-only stops during the tour?:No
- What is the fitness level required?:Normal
- Would people with limited mobility have accessibility problems? (to the vehicle, to the restaurant,...):Only to access the bus.
- Is it feasible for wheelchair-confined persons?:Yes, although help is needed to access to the bus.
- Is there any fee or limitation for photo/video camera usage?: No
- Are there any additional costs? List them:No
- The excursion's itinerary may vary. There is an interval period of time for the clients to eat.
- Pick-up point:Clients must appear directly at the bus stop. Look for the bus stop in the voucher.
Hotel Acapulco was awarded the 1st prize Hotel Extras 2011.
Our activities are Powered by