With this excursion you will be able to explore the mountain of Montserrat, a spiritual centre of Catalonia and a pilgrimage destination for many Catalonians. Montserrat National Park is mainly considered unique in Catalonia. In this surroundings guests will discover Montserrat Abbey, a Benedictine monastery boasting almost one thousand years of history.
To arrive at the mountain's summit, take the 'Tren Cremallera', rack railway train, to Monistrol station. The majority of the rack railway train's route follows a 5 km long route, 4 km of which is completed with the aid of the Abt system, with a difference in altitude of almost 550 m between the stations of Monistrol - Vila and Montserrat. The route begins at the Monistrol de Montserrat station.
On arrival at Montserrat, guests may first benefit from an audiovisual explanation telling of life within the monastery, its establishment, as well as the daily life of the monks and the choirboys. Moving on, guests will sample one of the typical spirits of the abbey. Guests may then visit all of Montserrat's attractions such as the basilica, the singing choirboys, the museums and the funicular as well as the Virgin of Montserrat or the 'Black Madonna'. During the excursion, guests will also have some free time to eat a picnic and to purchase a few souvenirs. The return will be by coach.
- Location Country:Spain Region:Catalonia City:Montserrat
- Address or meeting point:Departures from: Tossa de Mar, Lloret de Mar, Blanes, Malgrat de Mar, Santa Susana, Pineda de Mar and Calella.
- Duration Hours & minutes:8 / 9 hours. kilometers:300 persons.
- Start or opening time:From Tossa de Mar 08:00 am, Lloret de Mar 08:30 am, Blanes 09:00 am, Malgrat de Mar/ Santa Susana 09:15 am, Pineda 09:25 am and Calella 09:30 am.
- End or closing time:06:00 pm.
Guides & companions
- Is it done with a guide, a driver and/or an instructor?:With guide.
- Which languages do guide/instructors speak?:English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian.
- Which is the guide/guest ratio?:1 guide per bus.
- Is there a shop? How much time is spent on shopping?:There is free time for shopping.
- Are credit/debit cards accepted? Which ones?:Yes, most major credit cards are accepted.
- Are any commercial stops made during the tour?:No
Content & Specialized items
- Are additional items needed? Which ones are included?:It includes train journey from Monistrol station, entrance to the audiovisual explanation and a tasting.
- List the specific clothing required:Appropriate clothing is necessary to enter the monastery and the basilica.
- Is lunch/dinner included on this tour?:Meals are not included with this excursion.
- Is there a restaurant at the venue?:Yes What is the category and speciality of the restaurant?:Available self service and à la carte restaurants.
- May the client bring his/her own food? Is there a picnic area?:Yes
- Can specials requests be accommodated? (vegetarian,...):Yes
- Snacks Is there a snack included?:No
- Drinks Are drinks included?:No
- List all venues where restrooms are available:There are various restrooms available.
- Which of them are accessible by wheelchair?:All are accessible.
- Is there a charge to use any of them?:No
- Are there any restroom-only stops during the tour?:No
- What is the fitness level required?:Normal
- Would people with limited mobility have accessibility problems? (to the vehicle, to the restaurant,...):Only to access to the bus.
- Is it feasible for wheelchair-confined persons?:Yes, although help is needed to access to the bus.
- Is there any fee or limitation for photo/video camera usage?:No
- Which currencies are accepted?:Euros
During July, the Montserrat choirboys do not sing since they are on summer holidays.Clients must appear directly at the bus stop. Look for the bus-stop in the voucher.
Hotel Acapulco was awarded the 1st prize Hotel Extras 2011.
Our activities are Powered by